Thanksgiving Decorations Ideas for Table, Home, Outdoor : One of the National Holidays of Canada, United States, Liberia and parts of Caribbean Islands is Thanksgiving Day. This day was originally celebrated to show gratitude for the blessing last year’s harvest. Thanksgiving is celebrated in the month of October (the second Monday in the month of October) in Canada while in United States and other areas Thanksgiving usually arrives in the month of November (the fourth Thursday of the month). Even though the day is related to traditions, culture and religion, it has now become a secular holiday too.
One of the most important parts of the thanksgiving ceremony is the thanksgiving meal. Usually the food items presented on the table are apple cider, hot chocolate, ham, egg nog, mixed nuts, dumplings, pudding, candy canes, custard fudge, pies and the turkey being at the centre of the table. Traditions like going around the table holding hands and sharing what people are thankful for or cheering to it are very common. With the cool craft ideas for thanksgiving you can set up a beautiful and unexpected fall scenario at your place. The thanksgiving decoration ideas include table settings with rustic décor, wall wreaths made of DIY and innovative centre pieces. These decorations will not only brighten up your home but also give a welcome twist to your guests.
- For creating an invitation which feels warm and homely, the colour palette of green and copper is highly recommendable at a table setting. This can be made very easily since you will be needing kraft paper cards and such are available in any grocery store. You can then encourage your guests to write down their blessings and what they thankful for on those paper cards.
- Other than Easter, Thanksgiving can also consist of woven decoration where with reusable materials and bamboo strips you can weave baskets for giving our gifts or the twelve sided wreath for the centrepiece on a wall.
- There are several designs and quotes available on giving thanks and showing gratitude online. Download such good quality images and place within a wooden frame to decorate the house.
Thanksgiving Table decoration ideas :
- Collect artificial pomegranates and then insert skewers into them. Coat all the sides with adhesive. Using a piece of Styrofoam help the skewers stand upright and then let the pomegranates dry up to seven minutes then cover these with two layers of copper leaf sheets. Prepare several pomegranates and arrange them on a bowl or in a basket or a cake stand to make the centrepiece on the table. This could turn out to be one of the most warm thanksgiving day decoration ideas for table.
- Gather a straw wreath, and wrap it complete with corn husks. Use hot glue to attach all of them to the wreath. After that apply another layer of corn husks painted golden with acrylic colour and let all of it dry for about 35 minutes. Use the same corn husks to make rings and attach at the edge of the wreath in two to three strands. This will help bring out elegance on the staple harvest and connect to the root of the festival.